My Weightloss Ticker

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I've been quiet...

...but I've still been working.

Still going to the gym 3 times a week - still eating (as close as I can get without feeling like I'm eating when I'm not hungry at all) around 1900 calories a day...

When I got my gym membership, it came with some free sessions with a Doctor who's office is in the gym. It's a chiropractic/massage/nutrition place. Fun, huh?

So I got some free x-rays of my neck, since I shared with her that I've had migraines since I was in the 6th grade, had a full body composition, and got a free (my first one ever) neck and shoulder massage - for about 20 minutes, too!

I was a little sore for a couple of days after the massage, but I was quiet as a mouse while he worked on me... I didn't want to be wimpy. The body comp told me my body fat percentage (it's high, but I had lost some since I started the gym!!) as well as my metabolic rate. Apparently, my metabolism is really high, per the doctor. My body on a normal day doing nothing burns around 2300 calories a day. Sounds great, right? She said a lot of people register around 12-1300, so it's harder to lose the weight.

I was able to lose the weight back off that I had gained during my period and over that "weekend-o-desserts," but then I hit some kind of holding pattern. It was really frustrating, and I know it's normal... but for about 5-7 days, I was gaining .5, losing .5, gaining a pound, losing .8, back and forth. Finally, today I reached a new loss... so I'm down 18.8 pounds. It's been 59 days since I started making changes... and after Saturday's work out, I'll have been doing the gym for 5 weeks (three times a week). So... I guess that's pretty good.

Of course I'd like to think that I'm just going to melt away... but I know a good thing takes time.

Remind me of that when the wait only drips aways instead of pouring off... :)

Thanks!

1 comment:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm so glad you're continuing to fight the good fight! You do realize that you're getting really close to that magical 10% number, don't you? That's fantastic in only a few months work!